Monday, August 15, 2011

Has anybody had experience's in the following universities/their city's?

I'm attending Utrecht right now actually on study abroad. I've only been here for three weeks though, so my recommendation might not mean much. It's a really fun town so far. The Dutch in general are very friendly and helpful and English is literally everywhere. I have yet to meet a person who didn't speak at least a little bit. The cl schedule is a little different. You only take two courses at a time, which makes for a lot of down time during the week. I'm not thrilled with this system so far as I get a little bored, but it would depend on your study habits/preferences. The other thing that I'll warn you about the Netherlands is the weather. It's almost never sunny, just a whole lot of grey. I knew this before I left, but didn't think it would be a big deal. It's turning into more of an issue than I anticipated though. Combating the inevitable bouts of homesickness in an eternally grey landscape is kind of depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment