Saturday, August 13, 2011

The B.A.R.T. cop that shot Oscar Grant, has finally been arrested! Your thoughts?

See my whole problem with this is regardless of the outcome I don't feel like justice will really be served. No I'm not happy about it it still bothers me. From what I saw in the tape the highest charge that would stick would be criminal negligence in the face of his duties. That doesn't carry the sentence that a murder charge would. Now thing about this, if he isn't charged in a way befitting his crime the people will feel that the police can literally get away with anything, if he is charged with a murder and convicted, his jail sentence will be a death sentence. Now, I personally feel like regardless of the outcome there would be no way to serve justice by how the law is written and serve the needs of the people. So, I felt it should be handled in a way that might be seen as more arcane. I felt like because police officers have to hold themselves to a higher standard because of the powers they hold, and because Johnanne Mehserle isn't the only officer who's honor is on the line in this, that Officer Mehserle should committ suicide. Like the samurai of old for the honor of his family, his fellow officers and for his community. Just my feelings and I know you'll think that is a bit far, but in this case I think it would be the best option. Unfortunately, since he is in custody I'm going to ume that his weapon isn't with him and won't be when he gets out. He has shown that he doesn't have the guts or the honor, and would rather allow the justice system to slap him on the wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment